Saturday, September 5, 2015

THANK YOU


In life we cross paths with people from all walks of life, different customs, upbringing and values.

But separating the stones from gems is what our lives challenges are all about.

Some will go out of their way to help a stranger, while others will just be selfish and think about their own well doing.

On Saturday September 5, a group of former hockey internationals showed every trait a parent would be proud of.

They did something that one would never hope to learn at the Havard Business School.

These group of players got together to raise funds to help this blogger cover his medical expenses.

A total of RM27,500 was raised by their noble effort in conducting coaching clinics as well as a charity match against the KL Development Squad.

I had the pleasure of seeing all of them blossom from good hockey players into successful careers in their lives. God ha been kind to all of them and I hope and pray that he continues to bless them.

While some hockey players and officials pour sand in my rice bowl, it was refreshing to see that many still hold on to the believe that truth must be told, no matter how bitter it is.

I have suffered over the months, depleting my savings so as to meet medical bills, right from amputation of me toe last year, to losing my kidneys in April and recently underwent a cornea transplant after losing sight in one eye.

I have tried to earn a living doing what I know best - writing. But when there are people who cannot rationalism this, when there are people who come to Tampun and promise all kind of things yet fail to keep their words, what can one do?

To these players of the 1990 and 1993 Junior Asia Cup squads, no amount of words can express how grateful I am to each and everyone of them.

To the members of the media, young and old who came, my sincere appreciation and thanks.

There were others like Dato Sieh Kok Chi, Dato Dina Rizal, K. Maheswari, Melvin Chia, RosmanizamAbdullah, Dato Dr. Ramlan Abdul Aziz, Arrifin Ghani, Satish Kunar, Wallace Tan, V. Sasidharan and others that I may have overlooked, thank you for a memorable Saturday.

And to coach Paramalingam, you developed a fine bunch of gentlemen.

God bless you all.