Sunday, October 25, 2009

KUMAR, BEST IN THE WORLD


Malaysian number one custodian, S. Kumar could not have asked for a better tribute for Australian coach Ric Charlesworth named him as one of the top, if not the top goalkeepers in the world at the moment.

"Your goalkeeper is by my ranking the best keeper in the world and he is the one that keeps the team alive in matches,"said Charlesworth after watching Kumar put on a speldid display in holding the Aussies to a 2-2 draw in the final test match.

Ï have seen him play and he is fantastic in goal and could well make the difference for your team.

The Tampin born keeper has been the mainstay of the Malaysian team for several years after been given the break by former Malaysian coach Paul Lissek.

I am using the experience gained all these years and Lissek was instrumental in providing me with the finer tips of goalkeeping and I am grateful,"said the modest Kumar.

I will do my best to help the team in the qualifiers as we have a young team but we will do our best.