Wednesday, May 30, 2012

HAVING FUN AT THE TERRACES


My visitors list at my corner in the open terrace continues as the Great Britain team officials paid me a visit before their match against New Zealand.

And after the Argentina v India match, it was the coach of the world number one team Ric Charlesworth who dropped by to say hello, stating that he had read my plight on the internet.

That is how powerful the internet can be but trust the Malaysian Hockey Confederation and those in the Organising Committee to realise this.

What was more sad was the fact that FIH had, finally after years of trying, put up a story on their website asking fans to visit www.azlanshahcup.com.

Except for some SMS exchanges, no effort has been made by any party to ask me to continue with my work. The reason given is that they have appointed a Media Officer from a government agency and his boss is elated at being given the chance to go on stage to receive a souvenir from HRH Sultan Azlan Shah on Friday.

I painstakingly produced what many are acclaiming as the best souvenir program for the SAS Cup and someone else of going on stage to claim credit.

How low can they go.

In the words of the British official - what they did to you was downrigh disgusting...