Tuesday, May 19, 2015

THE UNTOLD STORIES

Having kept a low profile for the past few months, I am compelled to make a return to writing after looking at circumstances post MHC elections on May 13.

While some, like the axed Vice President took years to destroy the institution we call hockey, the current batch of officials have taken only a week to come up with mind boggling decisions that is leaving the hockey fraternity bewildered.

I am compelled to write my thoughts after some of my ardent followers prompted me through messages.

So Malaysian Hockey never ceases to amaze me, as over the years whatever good one hopes for never comes through as greedy, corrupt, self- cantered and power crazy people have laid siege to the sport that once operated from the homes of dedicated, passionate officials of the past.

Having grown up learning the ropes from greats such as S.Satgunam, MT Lingam, Balasubramaniam, C. Navaratnam, V. Sivapthasundram at state level and Dato G. Vijinathan, K. Indran, S. Perampalam, Tan Sri P. Alagendra, it sickens me to the core how fake some people who claim that they have interest of the sport actually violate the sport - sort of raping it for self satisfaction.

Over the next few days we shall dissect the decisions made by the new regime, reveal how a duly elected official has been left out of the decision making process, how an official who has manipulated the elections to thrust herselft into a powerful position, how hangerson are now kingmakers and how many are now the Devils Advocates.

Oh yes before I forget, I am undergoing dialysis three times a week having lost my kidneys five months ago. But the injustice in hockey has forced me to put aside my personal pain and grief so that the truth, no matter how bitter, must be told.

Watch this space and follow me on Twitter.