The Malaysian Hockey Confederation had their council meeting after almost six months, and after discussing for well over two hours, the press conference lasted just six minutes.
And at the end of the press conference, these issues were revealed:
1) That Tengku Abdullah Sultan Ahmad Shah was offering himself as a candidate for the FIH Executive Board, the venue which shall be in Kuala Lumpur on November 2 & 3.
2) That the national team will play in the Asian Champions Trophy in Doha from December 21 to 27 and the composition on the team will be determined by the coach.
3) That the national team has been set a target of a top five finish in the Champions Challenge ! in Argentina next month.
4) That the womens hockey team will play in the AHF Indoor Championship in Bangkok from Oct 3-10 and the Lanco 9 Series in Perth in late October.
5) That the teams in the Razak Cup will receive RM4,000 each in subsidy but Kelanatan and Sarawak may not participate.
6) That the Sultan Johor Cup for 2013 will be held from October 3-13 so that the national juniors can prepare for the Junior World Cup in New Delhi in December next year.
So there you have it, a sixer from MHC, and these people actually care about hockey.