The MHF Competitions Committee or rather Org Committee for the MHF-Milo-NSC Junior Hockey League met briefly today and amongst what the decided was :
- that the format will not be changed to zonal and will retain its previous format of competition with two divisions.
- new teams will automatically play in the lower division.
- a subsidy of RM3,000 provided by Milo be given to the participating teams.
- increase in prize money.
- only top 4 teams in Division One will be seeded for knockout and an open draw be conducted.
- that the closing date is January 6 and league to commence by January 19.
- league to end by March so as to give the National Juniors a month to prepare for the Asia Junior Cup which has now been brought forward to 3-13 May.
More updates later.