Tuesday, July 16, 2013

REVINGTON SAYS

This is what Paul Revington had to say after his meeting with Tengku Abdullah Sultan Ahmad Shah after agreeing to serve out his contract. 

Please be reminded that this statement is exclusive to this blog. However members of the media can lift the statement provided they contact the blogger.

" I got great clarity over the past 4-5 days. Several things "fell into place" by talking calmly with various people. I came to Malaysia to work WITH the likes of George, Arul, Dharma, Lim, Gobi, Azlan Bakar, Mirnawan, Nada etc - and the period pre CCI proved to be the most outstanding "coaching environment"

I have ever experienced having worked so well WITH all these individuals. Throughout the past 5-6 months there have been immense relationship challenges amongst this group - some innocent bystanders inside this group - and we have all been "wounded" in some way or another. 

As a foreign coach I have relied (and will continue to) on the support of people in the Malaysian Hockey community who share the same goal (i.e. to make quick improvements to Malaysian Hockey on a daily basis) and therefore must work together toward this common goal. 

It is important for people to know that I cannot do this alone and I do not know everything there is to know in hockey. What I do know is that I have an ability as a coach that can build Team work, build confidence in people and the bottom line to produce quality performances and results. 

I need people to continue to support this path, add value where necessary and be Team players again. I feel I have this back in place - which we had pre Champions Challenge I."