Thursday, May 10, 2012

ANUPAM QUITS HOCKEY INDIA



Former journalist cum broadcast journalist Anupam Ghulati has quit as the Executive Director of Hockey India.

I had a brief chat with him this afternoon and we spoke about why he had thrown in his towel but it is not for publication. Suffice to say that he was a true professional and it was always a pleasure dealing with him as he was an sincere personality.

We wish him the best and hope that he will be able to come for the Sultan Azlan Shah Cup this year.

Below is his email:

This is to inform you that I have recently resigned from Hockey India and my last day at office will be 16 May 2012.

I have spent four satisfying and eventful years in the National hockey affairs, first as the Adviser and then as Executive Director. However time has now come for me to move on in life and also to spend more quality time with the family.

Nevertheless I shall continue to be actively associated with hockey and other sports in various capacities including the print and electronic media.

I take this opportunity to thank you for the wholehearted support and co-operation extended to me and look forward to the same in future also.